| On top of causing uneven wear on your tires, damaged wheels can make your car harder to handle and may reduce your gas mileage. In a best-case scenario, this means that you will need to replace your tires sooner; in a worst-case scenario, you risk a potentially unsafe tire blowout. Avoid these risks altogether by being proactive about rim maintenance. If you find that your wheels are damaged, they will have to be either repaired or replaced.How can I know that I have bent on my rim?
- Lose the air: You can tell if you've bent a rim(s) by loss of air pressure, shimmy at all speeds and if you see an indention on the outside lip. That's where most damage happens.
- Abnormal or uneven tire wear: There are many causes of abnormal tire wear. The most common are worn or damaged suspension components, misalignment, improper inflation or tire selection. While extreme bearing wear or looseness can cause abnormal tire wear, it is typically related to other failure modes.
- Vibrations: Can you feel any noticeable vibrations when driving, either from the steering wheel or the seat? If you start feeling any abnormal vibrations in the steering wheel then you probably have a bent wheel. If you don't get it checked out and have a bent wheel that you can't feel it'll cause a lot more damage in the long run.
What does a bent rim cause on my car?
A bent rim on a car can cause a number of problems. Bent wheels on the front end of a car can cause the alignment to come out of adjustment because of excess vibration.
How much more do I need to spend if I don’t fix my rim?
- Tire changing: $150 - $500 / tire with labor. If the rim has any damage, the tire can get abnormal or uneven wear. You have to change the tire before regular period.
- Suspension and shocking: from $900. The damaged rim can cause any damage on these systems, shocks, steering or suspensions.
- If the rim is losing the air, you can’t drive your car safety, can’t take a safe turn or any movements with your car. Towing average costs $120 - 150. Be careful because your car’s quality and safety is your responsibility! If
you make any accidents or make any damages in another’s value, you must pay,
moreover you must take the legal consequences.
GT RIM REPAIR SHOP - FLORIDA
REPAIR, CUTTING, WELDING, REFURBISHING, FINISHING
WE REPAIR STEEL, CHROME AND ALUMINIUM RIMS
day service is available
We are providing professional service only with State of the Arts machines!